Sunday, February 20, 2011

All Quiet on the Eastern Seaboard (July 2009 or thereabouts)

floating on a rock in a network of gassy masses
wandering through a suburban wonderland
trying to get myself unstuck out of molasses
pondering what makes our very culture stand
basic development throughout the ages
snowball effect -> fast forward through time
a matrix that thrives on minimum wages
finding a way to diminish the grime
part-time anti-crime slowing the slime

a metaphysical wall
constructed in the confines of my cranium
refuses to fall
making me as stable as uranium 239
but i still feel fine
i'm reminded that i am not yet at the end of my line
and i grow and i glow and i flow but i know
that no matter where i go
nothing will truly be mine

every second i'm alive i strive to fuckin' thrive
with the exception of when second guessing gets in my eyes
but even when everything in me just wants to cry
i still won't compromise
because i'm never going to run out of trys

No comments:

Post a Comment