Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New songs I've been working on: Pine, Amethyst Teeth, Wagonin'

Pine

---

Ground dwellers
of the
woodland realm
show us
just what we needed to see
so we
could be

I always knew there was something more than
everything that we were taught to believe
we might not know if there is so much more than
everything that we thought we perceived

book sellers
of the
underground
give us
just what we needed to read
so we
could see

we couldn't run too much more
can't see the sun through the storm





Amethyst Teeth

---

I can't help but wonder
what could have been
if what you heard was true
a different direction
our lives they would spin
if what you heard wasn't what wasn't true
“if only, if only”, stop saying that to you!

I want you to realize
what it was you never had before
it's time for you to understand
the feeling is made by the way you choose to view the things that you choose to do

once more for the old times
then time to let it go
it's time for it to explode
i'd run if I were you now
no holding back
don't forget to pack
“I'm lonely, please phone me,” look forward as you look back!

How you gonna get away from you?

We go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on





Wagonin'

---

Rollin' along again
away from all the places I once knew
drifting out down by the boundaries
of the grey green greasy blue
no one wonders where we've gone
till they've gone away too

when will the people see the people?
See? The people don't see
that what we want was what was once meant to be

rollin' along again
heart thumping like a drummer drumming some
drifting down was where you found me
though I thought no one would come
but no one has a thing to say
until they've found their own way

when inspiration hits
grab onto it before it gets away

1 comment:

  1. Revised chorus to Pine:

    I always knew there was something more than
    all the tales we're told about the days of old
    we might not know if there's more significance to the stories we thought were boring

    ReplyDelete