Monday, May 23, 2011

Album complete

I'm sure I've posted some of this before, but here is my first album in it's entirety (as of now...subject to slight variations)(also I'll probably give it a different name):


33 Hours From Sunrise


1.Morning Light
2.April Fools Day
3.Sanibel Friend
4.The Great Big Stomp
5.Tripflash
6.Sequencencies
7.Last Ditch Efforts of the Cerebellum
8.4-20-20 Hindsight
9.The Return of Pericles
10.Fare Thee Well



Morning Light

Tomorrow traveled back in time
what's mine is yours and yours is mine
reflected pictures pointing toward
a better life we can't afford
to let go of these silly things
that hold us here and clip our wings
when common sense is no defense
for disembiggened governments

for it is now
we shine
smile
look into my eyes

finally untied the loop
so spiral up now here's the scoop
we've wished and waited far too long
it's celebrated in the song
of birds and beings far away
with epic feelings unlike Greys
soon we'll know just what they say
one day, today, 3D for days

just keep smiling

April Fools Day

Lazily dressed to address the day
it's overcast, there's nothing but gray skies
April fools, we wait for May, time flies

driving fast to escape the rain
educate, make your brain shine
clear the smoke, sing the refrain in your mind

I slipped again
trekking through the snow just one more time
so I pretend
winter never returns and I am fine

still stressed like the ocean's blue
set the standard for spring 'cause I want to
translucent reason that you probably won't see through

I confess I've been thinking of you
a lot more than I would like to
but I can't help it
God I wish you knew

Sanibel Friend

I don't know just what you need
whatever it is, it's what I want to be
in a hammock in a tree

no obligations
to anyone but ourselves
ain't got the patience
to wait for me to come down
with complications
taken from whatever we were doing yesterday

four leaf clovers
line the pages of your book
it makes me take another look
hourless contemplation
it still does not compute

The Great Big Stomp

[instrumental]

Tripflash

Road tripping through the 1970s
welcome to Sparta, Tennessee
we've no clue
what catalyst sparked this time anomaly
we've come through
and hour ahead of where we thought we'd be

we move like gravity is just a suggestion
but going uphill it's multiplied which leads to the question
what brought us here? Do we belong?
What happens next? Intuition's gone

I'm writing a line about a possum
it's not stupid
it does what it wants because it's awesome
so fuck cupid
I cannot control the way I feel right now
my mind's putrid
ambivalent grace attained someway somehow

we love conceptual drift in conversational rhythm
bleed all distorted distress down the drain
three two one and you're out, an intellectual schism
free fall from miles above
precipitate

Sequencencies

Pulse drifting
spiraled notebooks
thoughts and implications

regifting
spinal texts
thorough regurgitation

I'm telling you something softly
so you better listen with your heart
I'm telling you something softly
so you better listen with your eyes to the sky

pace quickening
scrambled papers
eggs and capers
statutory

skin thickening
calloused well
impervious shell
from this terrestrial hell

Last Ditch Efforts of the Cerebellum

And I've spent
almost all I had
on this game of being lost
I repent
now I'm wasted and mad
all I've got is this cerebral exhaust
is it love or just desire?
Sick of feeling uninspired
habitual inoculation
blood abated
(good vibration)

I don't scare easily
manifest misconduct
instinctual thrashing
get out of my way, I'll get there

And I've spent
all this time away
swatting thoughts like flies I wasn't sure were even there
because you sent
your feigned enthusiasm my way
do I care? Do I care? I can't quite tell if I care
bold faced lies italicized
exclamations underlined
second hand inebriation
wanting just to change (the station)

4-20-20 Hindsight

New days smell reminiscent of before
times of dismay drenched in smiles of mimes
scarlet tastes of faulty faces wither given the necessary time
fragile mainframe just past the door
balancing everything sometimes will break a string
numbers don't count they just come back for more
faces adored don't cease to get bored

The Return of Pericles

Most people are easy to read
but not you
you boast you've come so far
stately indeed
we've come to

another day set to start
a brand new age from the heart
one three five seven nine eleven
all of the time
to stay
I must say

your energy conveys something nice
a narrow scope just won't suffice
I don't quite get it yet
but I can't let it go
'cause I know there's something great that I've yet to know

already love you but I need to know more
love all that's interesting
this life I adore
never know what it brings
but it's never a bore
sometimes it stings
but it won't leave you sore

Fare Thee Well

Impending judgment clouds the forecast of the day
and if you still don't get it
I don't know what to say
could it be a frequency
rising from the ground
resurrect and reconnect
the piece/peace we never found

I can't stay here too much longer
I've got someplace else to be
final choice is close!
Or did it pass unnoticed by our sleeping senses?

I want you to know you
better than you know yourself now
I want you to see what I see
because between you and me
the truth exceeds everything
I thought could be

what happened to your imagination?
Why don't you paint yourself a brand new scene?
There's many levels in this creation
you don't have to stay in between

No comments:

Post a Comment